What to Expect When Taking CELEBREX
- Just one 200-mg CELEBREX a day can provide 24-hour relief for many with arthritis pain and inflammation.*
- In clinical studies with osteoarthritis patients, CELEBREX is proven to improve daily physical function so moving is easier.
- In fact, CELEBREX improves pain, stiffness, and physical function.
- In a 12-week study, osteoarthritis patients experienced sustained pain relief throughout the duration of the study from weeks 2 to 12.
- In clinical studies, a lower percentage of patients taking CELEBREX reported stomach discomfort (including indigestion, abdominal pain, and nausea) versus those taking prescription ibuprofen and naproxen.
Like all medications, there are potential risks and side effects that you should be aware of before taking CELEBREX. CELEBREX should always be taken as your doctor prescribes. If you are experiencing side effects or feel like you're not getting the relief you need, talk to your doctor. Find out more about Partnering with Your Doctor. To review the possible side effects and risks of taking CELEBREX, please click here.
It is very important that you tell your doctor about any changes in your health, including side effects or taking new medicines for other health concerns, as it may affect your treatment.
*Individual results may vary. This dosing is for osteoarthritis.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
All prescription NSAIDs, like CELEBREX, ibuprofen, naproxen, and meloxicam have the same cardiovascular warning. They may all increase the chance of heart attack or stroke that can lead to death. This chance increases if you have heart disease or risk factors for it, such as high blood pressure or when NSAIDs are taken for long periods.
CELEBREX should not be used right before or after certain heart surgeries.
Serious skin reactions, or stomach and intestine problems such as bleeding and ulcers, can occur without warning and may cause death. Patients taking aspirin and the elderly are at increased risk for stomach bleeding and ulcers.
Tell your doctor if you have:
- A history of ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestines
- High blood pressure or heart failure
- Kidney or liver problems
CELEBREX should not be taken in late pregnancy.
Do not take CELEBREX if you have bleeding in the stomach or intestine, or you've had an asthma attack, hives, or other allergic reactions to aspirin, any other NSAID medicine or certain drugs called sulfonamides.
Life threatening allergic reactions can occur with CELEBREX. Get help right away if you've had swelling of the face or throat or trouble breathing.
Prescription CELEBREX should be used exactly as prescribed at the lowest dose possible and for the shortest time needed.
CELEBREX is indicated for the relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis, and for the management of acute pain in adults.
Have a question? Call us at 1-888-678-2692.
You are leaving CELEBREX.com
Links to another site are provided as convenience to the viewer.
Pfizer accepts no responsibility for the content of linked sites.